Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wooden rocketship desire.

Cory got this awesome cardboard rocketship for Christmas.  The kid in me is still unbelievably jealous. All we had were awesome home decorated refrigerator boxes.

via Instagram http://instagr.am/p/UMBhBfmfhn/
A: *talking to C* Wow, you're the coolest rocketship cowboy captain I've ever seen. 
C: I know. I'm so cool.

via Instagram http://instagr.am/p/UOUKkBGfoZ/
The cardboard has already been reinforced with packing tape, and I can't see it lasting more than another week.  I've scoured the net and can't find a wooden rocketship playhouse (or even Little Tikes/Step 2) anywhere...so I know it will be on my 2013 build list. But will a wooden rocketship be as cool? This is the question.

Ana White, or someone else awesome, could you please draw me up some plans for a wooden rocketship?  I will totally geek it out for the kiddos!

2 comments:

  1. I would totally get one of these but I suspect it wouldn't last a full 24 hours with my kids. They get a whole lot of fun playing with the box..then jumping on the box..then using the flat box like a blanket or setting it up and bending it like a fort..then laying on it and coloring it. All in one day. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had 4 kiddos in it at once, and they definitely aren't easy on it, but it's been standing for about 2 weeks now. We'd planned to color it, but I don't know that it's sturdy enough for crayons more that it's set up, and markers or paint...there are just too many children for them to do that in my living room...that's an outside task :p

      Delete